National Director, Corporate Relations (NAT #1718-132)
City: East or West Coast
State: Nationwide USA
The American Lung Association has a great opportunity for a National Director, Corporate Relations (2 positions available in the East and West Coast) to join our incredible team nationwide. Working as a member of the Development Team, you will join an outstanding group of professionals dedicated to our mission: to save lives by improving lung health and preventing lung disease, through research, education, and advocacy.
In this role, you will responsible driving growth of new corporate partnerships and maximizing existing relationships to achieve ALA nationwide revenue and mission goals. You will be responsible for meeting or exceeding revenue goals through development of new partnerships including: corporate grants, cause marketing and sponsorship, licensing, and employee engagement.
- Work together with other members of the corporate development team in reaching or exceeding budgeted revenue goals. Manage cultivation and solicitation of a personal portfolio of prospects and existing corporate partners with a defined revenue goal.
- Develop and secure nationwide, long-term, multi-dimensional corporate partnerships from new prospects previously unaffiliated with the ALA. Lead and successfully close high-level negotiations for accounts of $100,000-$Millions.
- Identify and cultivate a year-round pipeline of new corporate relationships to ensure sufficient depth for revenue generation and long-term engagement. Leverage local and national volunteer leadership connections in pursuit of new corporate revenues
- Leverage network, personal and organizational, to open doors for ALA.
- Identify key decision-makers and proactively reach out to establish new partnership meetings. Prepare agendas and lead meetings.
- Position ALA as a trusted advisor and strategic partner to corporate donors
- Collaborate with regional development colleagues to optimize offerings/execution for nationwide partnerships and create connections to local ALA events/revenue generation
- Collaborate with Health Education, Marketing, Research, HelpLine and Advocacy staff to develop winning proposals and supportive materials (incl. PowerPoints, letters of inquiry, executive talking points) and related budgets aligned with organizational needs and interests for prospective corporate sponsors, grantors, and licensing and cause marketing partners.
- Manage contract process for new partnerships, prepare final documents for review and signature; facilitate invoicing process. Manage financial aspects of assigned donor relationships.
- Manage and deepen relationships and support of existing donors. In collaboration with regional development leads, identify opportunities to grow existing local sponsorships/relationships into larger regional or nationwide strategic partnerships.
- Maintain relationships with specific accounts and ensure their sponsorship/licensing/grant deliverables are provided with the highest quality. Monitor and steward Proud Partner and licensing relationships to ensure deliverables are fulfilled by ALA and corporate partners. Develop and submit written reports as required by donors.
- Develop strategies for the cultivation and stewardship of long-term relationships. Conduct interactive weekly review of prospects with National Vice President to create specific cultivation/solicitation/stewardship strategies (aka “moves management”).
- In collaboration with National VP, Development, initiate strategic game plan for targeted accounts, which includes mission driving, revenue generation and key leadership interactions with specific goals across the organization
- Assist in development of new platforms for revenue generation from corporate entities.
- Participate in strategic budgeting, revenue mapping and planning meetings with Chief Development Officer and VP of Development.
- Attend key philanthropic and/or healthcare industry events as needed. Develop a broad external network in the institutional community aligned with the objectives of the ALA.
- Maintain fundraising records in CRM database, including revenues, proposal and report submissions, deadlines, deliverables and interactions. Track progress against fundraising goals and strategic cause campaign metrics.
- Stay informed and current on sponsorship trends and competitive cause campaigns.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- BA/BS required business or marketing preferred
- Seven years of experience successfully developing and managing corporate relationships for a nonprofit. Knowledge and skills in fundraising principles, practices and techniques
- Demonstrated experience writing and editing successful proposals, correspondence and compelling sales materials
- Demonstrated successful track record of closing million-dollar + contracts and growing existing relationships. Demonstrated experience soliciting corporate foundations for grants, in addition to sponsorships
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written), including strong presentation and negotiation skills
- Collaborative mindset and ability to structure mutually beneficial partnerships
- Demonstrated success aligning diverse stakeholders around a common objective
- Demonstrated ability to represent mission and nonprofit programs in detail with passion and knowledge
- Experience developing and managing budgets
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships at all levels of an organization
- Detail-oriented with strong time management and organizational skills
- Strong judgment and problem-solving skills
- Ability to manage multifaceted projects and a capacity to perform well independently in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment
- Commitment to and passion for the Lung Association’s mission
- Ability to travel roughly 40%, or as required. Automobile required
- Consistent with its mission, the American Lung Association maintains a smoke-free work place; all employees must abstain from tobacco use in any form.
This search is being conducted by The Batten Group:
Click Here to Apply:
The American Lung Association is dedicated to a diverse workforce.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V