National Director, Corporate Relations & Cause Marketing
State: Nationwide USA
The American Lung Association - National Office has an exciting opportunity for a National Director, Corporate Relations & Cause Marketing. Working as a member of the larger national Development team, you will join an outstanding group of professionals dedicated to our mission: to save lives by improving lung health and preventing lung disease, through research, education and advocacy.
In this role, you will be responsible for facilitating sponsorship growth and business development in support of ALA nationwide mission and revenue goals. The successful candidate will meet or exceed revenue goals through development of new corporate partnerships including: cause marketing partnerships and sponsorship, licensing and Proud Partner programs, mission driven partnerships and employee engagement.
Work Location: –open location nationwide
General Corporate Fundraising Responsibilities:
- Develop and secure nationwide, long-term, multi-dimensional corporate partnerships from new prospects previously unaffiliated with the ALA. Emphasis on raising unrestricted revenues to support LUNG FORCE, the ALA's strategic cause campaign for lung cancer, as well as organizational growth.
- Develop and secure national Call-to-Action/Consumer Promotion campaigns.
- Identify and cultivate a year-round pipeline of new corporate relationships to ensure sufficient depth for revenue generation and long-term engagement. Identify a viable list of at least 100 new prospects. Actively cultivate, solicit and steward at least 40 of these prospects at a time. Strategically target industry segments.
- Leverage local and national volunteer leadership connections in pursuit of new corporate revenues.
- Position ALA as a trusted advisor and strategic partner to corporate donors. Develop full range of selling assets, including written proposals, PowerPoints, revenue and expense budgets, executive/volunteer talking points and contracts.
- Ensure best practices are followed and relevant statutes, guidelines and legal requirements are met.
- Maintain fundraising records in constituent database, including revenues, proposal and report submissions, deadlines, deliverables and interactions. Track progress against fundraising goals and strategic cause campaign metrics.
Cause-related Marketing (CRM) Responsibilities:
- Lead the development of a 3-year nationwide CRM strategy. Develop and refine processes and discipline to increase efficiency in partnership strategy, creation, and execution of deliverables.
- Lead development of CRM programs with new corporate partners to meet revenue goals. Partner with field development staff to identify and advance existing local relationships into local and/or nationwide CRM and sponsorship opportunities.
- Serve as main contact for new CRM relationships. Serve as source of expertise to Development colleagues in creation of CRM plans and selling know-how.
- Leverage network, personal and organizational, to open doors for ALA. Proactively seek out and develop new platforms for revenue generation from corporate entities.
- Initiate strategic game plan for each targeted account, which includes mission driving, revenue generation and key leadership interactions with specific goals across the organization.
- Lead and successfully close high level negotiations for accounts of $100,000-$Millions.
- Collaborate with field colleagues to optimize offerings/execution for national partners and create connections to local ALA events/revenue generation.
- Collaborate with Health Education, Marketing, Research, Helpline and Advocacy staff to develop winning proposals and related budgets aligned with organizational needs and interests.
- Bachelor's degree in business, marketing or related field required.
- Seven plus years of experience in successfully developing and managing corporate relationships for a nonprofit, including cause-marketing relationships.
- Fortune 500 and agency experience working in Marketing, sales or cause-marketing or has experience selling and managing cause-platform accounts for a national or global non-profit.
- Knowledge and skills in fundraising principles, practices and techniques. A demonstrable track record of closing million-dollar + contracts and growing existing relationships.
- Existing relationships in Consumer Products, Information Technology, Retail, Travel, Financial Services, Food/Beverage, Insurance, and Healthcare are important.
- Exceptional listener with ability to understand needs and motivations of others, find common ground and build trust with internal and external stakeholders. Demonstrated ability to represent mission and nonprofit programs in detail with passion and knowledge.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written), including strong presentation and negotiation skills. Demonstrated ability to build relationships at all levels of an organization.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and creative thinking.
- Detail-oriented with strong, time management and organizational skills.
- Strong judgment and problem solving skills. Ability to manage multifaceted projects and a capacity to perform well independently in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment. Commitment to and passion for the Lung Association's mission. Ability to travel up to 40%, or as required.
Please send or e-mail letter of application, resume and writing samples along with salary requirements to (include job title in subject of email):
The American Lung Association is dedicated to a diverse workforce.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V