Manager, Healthy Air Campaign (TN #1718-77)
The American Lung Association has a great opportunity for a Manager, Healthy Air Campaign to join our incredible team. Working as a member National Policy & Advocacy Team, you will join an outstanding group of professionals dedicated to our mission: to save lives by improving lung health and preventing lung disease, through research, education and advocacy.
In this role, you will serve as the field organizer for the national American Lung Association’s Healthy Air Campaign, working to build and demonstrate health and medical community support in Tennessee for key federal and state policies to reduce pollution in the air we breathe and address climate change to protect public health. You will coordinate the coalition building, field organizing, advocacy and communications efforts for the Healthy Air Campaign in Tennessee. This is a grant-funded position.
- Identify and cultivate health and medical organization partnerships throughout the state; serve as key information source on policy developments; organize events and facilitate coalition communications and engagement; coordinate with related campaign efforts in the state.
- Recruit and support grassroots and grasstops volunteers who care about heathy air and/or climate action and are willing to share their stories with decision-makers and media; coordinate activities with ALA Leadership Boards.
- Develop and implement creative communications strategies in coordination with national campaign team and consultants; conduct thought leader events and issue briefings; craft earned media materials; support the release of State of the Air report.
- Organize constituent delegations throughout the state to meet with decision-makers to show support for campaign priorities.
- Manage the preparation of state-specific Healthy Air Campaign work-plan and materials; join weekly Healthy Air Campaign field calls; track progress on grant deliverables, draft and submit required reports to local and national office on the progress of the campaign.
- Other duties as needed, including support for fundraising and development for campaign.
- Bachelor's degree in political science, environmental or health policy or related field.
- Three to five years of related experience in voluntary health organizations, advocacy organizations or patient advocacy groups preferred.
- Experience with grassroots organizing, coalition building and media strategy are essential.
- General knowledge of clean air, clean vehicles, environmental policy a strong plus.
- Ability to build and sustain relationships with volunteers; excellent project management skills; excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work well as part of a team and with a wide range of people, ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines, ability to work independently, and adapt to changing situations.
- Consistent with its mission, the American Lung Association maintains a smoke-free work place; all employees must abstain from tobacco use in any form.
Please send or e-mail letter of application and resume with salary requirements to (include job title in subject of email):
Human Resources Department
American Lung Association
The American Lung Association is dedicated to a diverse workforce.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V