Manager, Finance (SPI #1718-109)
The American Lung Association has a great opportunity for a Manager, Finance to join our incredible team in the Springfield, IL Office. Working as a member of the Finance Team, you will join an outstanding group of professionals dedicated to our mission: to save lives by improving lung health and preventing lung disease, through research, education, and advocacy.
In this role, you will be responsible for applying accounting principles and procedures to analyze financial information, leading to the accurate and timely preparation of financial reports. You will manage the revenue and expense functions, including the processing and collection of receivables, processing and payment of expenses, processing and payment of credit card transactions, customer/vendor follow-up, and posting to and reconciliation of subsidiary and general ledger accounts. You will prepare account analysis of receivable, revenue, and expense accounts. Work with all stakeholders to improve reporting and understanding of operations. Prepare analyses for auditors as requested.
- Ensure financial records are maintained in compliance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Acquire and maintain responsibility for certain general ledger accounts. Provide financial analyses, reconciliations, audit schedules, and variance reports as requested.
- Assist Director in establishing and documenting, improving and monitoring the internal control environment. Assist with the financial audit preparation process.
- Perform financial and regulatory reporting for all federal funds received.
- Complete quarterly reimbursements request.
- Assist with all activates associated with the single audit.
- Coordinate the financial aspects of federally funded projects with programs staff.
- Review accounting for restricted grants. Review contracts to ensure proper recognition of revenues.
- Manage all aspects of accounts receivable functions including collections. Prepare aging and summarize past-due accounts.
- Prepare and distribute related reports within Finance and to pertinent divisions. Invoice customers; follow-up on questions about charges and unpaid balances, and notify all parties of overdue invoices and interest.
- Prepare daily deposits (cash receipts, electronic payments and credit card transactions) and maintain cash receipts journal.
- Manage all aspects of accounts payable functions. Prepare and distribute related reports within Finance and to pertinent divisions. Follow-up on questions about unpaid invoices.
- Assist with processing and payment of credit card transactions.
- Serve as the lead backup for performing duties pertaining to the processing of payroll.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- A minimum of five years of not-for-profit accounting experience at the staff accountant level or higher with experience in account analyses.
- Computerize accounting software experience is highly desirable.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Consistent with its mission, the American Lung Association maintains a smoke-free work place; all employees must abstain from tobacco use in any form.
To apply please send cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to (include job title in subject of email):
Human Resources Department
American Lung Association
The American Lung Association is dedicated to a diverse workforce.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V