Health Policy Temporary Assistant (DC)
City: District of Columbia
The American Lung Association has a great opportunity for a Health Policy Temporary Assistant to join our incredible team at the National Office. Working as a member Mission Team, you will join an outstanding group of professionals dedicated to our mission: to save lives by improving lung health and preventing lung disease, through research, education and advocacy.
In this role, you will be responsible for assisting with the tracking of state Medicaid coverage of asthma guidelines.
- Assist in the tracking of state Medicaid coverage of asthma guidelines-based care through review of regulatory and health plan documentation, including formularies, member handbooks, provider manuals, and other relevant documents.
- Graduate Students with policy research experience preferred.
- Qualified candidates should possess skills in policy and document research, creative problem-solving skills and a careful attention to detail.
- Candidate must possess strong overall computer skills, particularly in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access.
- An interest in or knowledge of health and public health policy, Medicaid policy, asthma or other public health policies is desirable.
- Proven ability to cultivate and steward relationships across a diverse population.
- Consistent with its mission, the American Lung Association maintains a smoke-free work place; all employees must abstain from tobacco use in any form.
Please send or e-mail letter of application and resume with salary requirements to (include job title in subject of email):
Human Resources Department
American Lung Association
The American Lung Association is dedicated to a diverse workforce.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V