Director, Digital Marketing & Engagement (CHI #1718-51)
The American Lung Association has a great opportunity for a Director, Digital Marketing & Engagement to join our incredible team in our Chicago Office. Working as a member of the Digital Marketing & Engagement Strategy Team, you will join an outstanding group of professionals dedicated to our mission: to save lives by improving lung health and preventing lung disease, through research, education, and advocacy.
In this role, you will be responsible for developing and implementing strategies and tactics relative to constituent engagement, digital marketing and e-philanthropy. Manage operations relative to integration and impact of a comprehensive multi-channel engagement strategy designed to produce housefile and revenue growth as well as customer satisfaction. Working closely with Marketing, Development and CRM teams and the National AVP, Digital Marketing & Engagement, will manage the execution of a robust constituent engagement strategy for the nationwide organization.
- Direct and execute the nationwide email marketing program in an effort to enhance and refine our retention strategy ultimately resulting in housefile and online revenue growth. Will help provide guidance and/or support for other online engagement endeavors, such as e-advocacy and events fundraising.
- Work with digital team and other internal stakeholders to help enhance and develop strategies designed to enhance constituent engagement and multi-channel integration.
- Utilize and enhance processes, schedules, calendars, campaigns and KPIs (key performance indicators) to retain existing constituents and donors. Ensure components are implemented, coordinated, maintained and executed according to time and budget requirements.
- Collaborate with the Direct Response and the Development teams to research, recommend, and implement strategies for online donor renewal and acquisition.
- Collaborate with Digital, Marketing & Communications, Development, Advocacy, Health Education, Research and LUNG FORCE teams to draft, design, code, test and execute year-round email marketing program to nationwide audiences in accordance with the established internal strategy and CAN-SPAM laws.
- Analyze and assess the effectiveness of online campaigns, email communications, and other fundraising web content by generating performance reports to evaluate the return on investment. Help develop and implement tools to refine online content and campaigns based on results.
- In coordination with pertinent nationwide teams, help develop online-facing constituent engagement strategies for ALA’s web properties as appropriate.
- Provide strategic, agile solutions to complex and difficult problems using excellent analytical, diplomatic, creative, and problem-solving skills. Maintain and utilize top tier knowledge of robust email marketing programs and digital engagement best practices.
- As required, work closely with identified consultants to help develop and manage special projects and on-going strategies.
- Collaborate with cross-divisional staff nationwide to help create and implement successful strategies designed to expand audience growth at all levels of the nationwide organization.
- Assist with the implementation of strategies, share resources and best practices for nationwide staff as appropriate related to the following technology platforms and digital marketing practices: Blackbaud Luminate Online, email marketing, target audience generation/maintenance, online interests, online donation forms, auto-responders, e-advocacy and performance reports.
- Work with various departments and the digital marketing team, collaborate in the writing and editing of a full range of integrated multi-channel digital marketing and communications materials, including email newsletters, cultivation and e-philanthropy emails, donation forms and auto-responders, direct response messaging, web content, social media and digital advertising.
- Demonstrate expert-level understanding of digital marketing tools, best practices, quality objectives, and project needs for online campaigns. Stay current with industry trends and applicable web technologies. Apply an experienced constituent-first and mobile-first approach.
- Interact with internal stakeholders and pertinent nationwide staff to consult on online, integrated and interactive processes, schedules, campaigns and programs.
- Maintain nationwide email marketing calendar and share with staff nationwide in a timely manner. Contribute to LUNG FORCE Implementation Plans, Mar Com Planning calendars and other timelines as needed.
- Bachelor's degree required, communication, marketing or related degree preferred; advanced degree a plus.
- Minimum of 5-7 years' nonprofit marketing technology experience including: robust email marketing program management with a wide range of target audience segments, with at least 3 years in online communications.
- Proven track record with development of strategic online initiatives, campaign concepts and messaging.
- Demonstrated ability in organizing and creating web content, applying principals of web-based communications, and a working knowledge of online giving trends and technologies.
- Excellent written and analytic skills and demonstrated track record of developing creative solutions.
- An enthusiastic and collaborative approach to work, the ability to communicate well, and a willingness to learn and be open to new ideas.
- Action oriented with effective follow up. Highly organized with proven ability to work independently and to manage multiple priorities.
- Practical experience in fundraising and database software, experience integrating online and offline databases. Effective list segmentation and audience targeting.
- Current knowledge of Blackbaud's Luminate Online, Raiser's Edge, ROI, etc.; audience data management, skilled with Web technologies, such as HTML, responsive design, content management systems, and content feeds. Proficiency in MS Office and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Flexibility to work irregular hours, including evenings and weekends with some overnights required.
- Must have a valid Driver's license
- Ability to lift and carry 25 lbs. (event supplies)
- Consistent with its mission, the American Lung Association maintains a smoke-free work place; all employees must abstain from tobacco use in any form.
To apply send cover letter and resume and salary requirements to (include job title and job number in subject of email):
Human Resources Department
American Lung Association
Email: [email protected]
The American Lung Association is dedicated to a diverse workforce.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V