Associate, Digital Marketing (CHI #1718-69)
The American Lung Association has a great opportunity for an Associate, Digital Marketing to join our incredible team in our Chicago Office. Working as a member of the Digital Marketing & Engagement Strategy Team, you will join an outstanding group of professionals dedicated to our mission: to save lives by improving lung health and preventing lung disease, through research, education, and advocacy.
In this role, you will assist in managing email marketing and social media initiatives for the National Office. Coordinate with both the Manager and Assistant Vice President, Digital Marketing and Engagement and various stakeholders to ensure promotional timing is consistent with web, email and marketing production calendars. Maintain a constituent-centric approach to fulfilling requests while coordinating projects with various divisions at the National Office. Develop and execute timely delivery of social media posts and email marketing communications and track performance. Engage with online constituents via social media.
- Work with Digital Marketing staff to develop and implement processes to improve efficiencies for all email marketing initiatives for the National Office including the sustenance of content, functionality, design, mobile optimization and brand integrity. Maintain a digital experience that allows customers to opt-out of e-communications in accordance with CAN-SPAM laws.
- Manage localized stories submitted by the field for National email marketing messages. Provide strategic, technical and editorial assistance to content submitters, both National and Field staff. Contribute to content as needed. Maintain and generate performance reports, including A/B tests, to help shape future refinements in email marketing strategy.
- Strategically schedule and post social media messages to a variety of social media channels for the National Office. Coordinate timing and priorities with various departments at the National Office in accordance with web, email and marketing production schedules. Provide insight and feedback to stakeholders regarding social media best practices, including content, tracking URLs, social share functionality and image specifications. Incorporate custom social sharing functionality within all National email marketing messages. Track and report performance related to social media efforts, noting trends, successes and opportunities for improvement.
- Engage and communicate directly with constituents via social media by answering questions, providing customer service and promoting resources. Develop a strong social media presence by building relationships with constituents and other organizations through various social media channels.
- Maintain working knowledge of developing social media trends and technologies; incorporate new and evolving practices into the social media strategy. Assist the Director, Digital Marketing in providing strategic guidance, tutorials and best practices to Field and National Office staff.
- Manage the timely delivery of all e-mail appeals as outlined in the email marketing calendar. Work with the Development, Marketing and Digital Strategy Teams to institute segmentation strategies in coordination with Chartered Associations. Contribute to content as needed. Maintain and generate performance reports, including A/B test results, to help shape future refinements in online fundraising strategy.
- Work with Digital Strategy Team to develop and implement ongoing online stewardship techniques to both strengthen existing relationships and build new ones. Refine Welcome Series on a semi-annual basis and work with the Director, Digital Marketing to incorporate conditionalized content for online constituents in a variety of audiences.
- Bachelor's Degree in digital marketing including email marketing, social media, web technology, communications or related area.
- One to three years project management experience related to marketing integration among various digital channels.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize responsibilities to meet deadlines. Working knowledge of email marketing best practices including CAN-SPAM laws, HTML, CSS and responsive email design.
- Experience working with a third party email service provider, such as Convio/Blackbaud or a comparable platform.
- Ability to work interactively with a wide variety of staff to troubleshoot issues, gather data and provide insights for email marketing and social media data trends.
- Strong communication and writing skills with ability to provide content enhancement suggestions is a must.
- Demonstrated proficiency with MS Office, HTML, CSS, Adobe Creative Suite software, social media scheduling / posting and FTP protocols.
- Ability to manage a variety of projects simultaneously with special attention to detail and excellent organizational and interpersonal skills required.
- Consistent with its mission, the American Lung Association maintains a smoke-free work place; all employees must abstain from tobacco use in any form.
To apply send cover letter and resume and salary requirements to (include job title and job number in subject of email):
Human Resources Department
American Lung Association
The American Lung Association is dedicated to a diverse workforce.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V