Lung Health Coordinator - Fairbanks
Do you have a passion for Lung Health? Would you like to work for the oldest public health non-profit in the Nation? Do you like working with people, public policy, and planning events? Do you have a background in chronic disease prevention, health promotion, communications or advocacy?
Please go to CL fairbanks>jobs>nonprofit to send your resume and a cover letter to the contact - by clicking on the REPLY button - position is open until filled.
Position Title: Lung Health Coordinator - Fairbanks
Classification: Non-exempt, (.8 - 1.0 FTE) based on a 37.5 hour work week
Location: Fairbanks, Alaska
Accountable to: Fairbanks Manager - Fairbanks
The American Lung Association of the Mountain Pacific serves Alaska, Hawaii, Washington, Oregon, Montana, Wyoming, and Idaho. We are part of the American Lung Association, the oldest voluntary health agency in the U.S. Our focus today is on healthy air, tobacco control and all lung disease, including asthma and COPD. Our mission is to save lives by improving lung health and preventing lung disease and we do that through education, research, and advocacy.
The Lung Health Coordinator in Fairbanks is responsible for supporting and assisting the Lung Health team in the planning, implementation, coordination, and evaluation of assigned programs that further the mission of the American Lung Association of the Mountain Pacific (ALA-MP).
Duties and Responsibilities
In addition to the job-specific responsibilities listed below, the Lung Health Coordinator in Fairbanks, will support and model the ALA-MP philosophy and other organizational competencies such as, but not limited to, quality management, fiscal responsibility, compliance, and safety.
Specific Job Responsibilities
Under the direction of the Fairbanks Manager, the Lung Health Coordinator will be responsible for the following:
- Meet assigned quarterly objectives and related goals outlined in the ALA-MP strategic Program of Work;
- Meet specific grant objectives put forth by current funding as specified;
- Assist and collaborate with the Lung Health Team to meet his/her program goals and objectives;
- Make timely responses to public inquires on tobacco use issues, asthma, and other lung health requests using established protocols and risk management procedures;
- Provide support to community based, tobacco and public health coalitions;
- Conduct program and event planning, outreach and public communication;
- Share expertise with peers across the ALA region; 8. Use graphic design skills to create flyers and materials to promote programing;
- Use graphic design skills to create flyers and materials to promote programming;
- Support Lung Health Team to implement, monitor, and evaluate programs;
- Collaborate with the ALA-MP marketing and communications team to promote assigned programs;
- Coordinate meetings and other program events, recruit participation and work with volunteers and partner agencies in program delivery;
- Support ALA-MP Fairbanks team by coordinating general office administrative tasks including accepting/processing donations, interoffice document processing, copier/postage reporting, etc.;
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Bachelor's degree with an emphasis in health, business, education or equivalent preferred;
- 2 years of related work experience;
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and to organize, establish priorities, follow-up on all details and meet deadlines;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills;
- Must be a team player;
- Access to an automobile, a valid driver's license, and appropriate automobile insurance;
- Available for flexible work hours (evenings and weekends) and occasional out of state travel; and
- Ability to lift 25 lbs.
ALA Mountain Pacific is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy to not discriminate based on race, color, gender, creed, religion, age, marital status, national origin, the presence of any sensory, mental or physical disability, veteran status or sexual orientation or any other legally-protected class. It is our policy to conform to all applicable laws and regulations affecting all protected classes.