Specialist, Health Promotions (LA #1718-144)
City: Los Angeles
The American Lung Association has a great opportunity for a Specialist, Health Promotions (2 positions available) to join our incredible team in California. Working as a member of the Health Promotion & Education Team you will join an outstanding group of professionals dedicated to our mission: to save lives by improving lung health and preventing lung disease, through research, education, and advocacy.
In this role, you will be responsible for coordinating, implementing and evaluating lung health programs throughout Los Angeles and Inland markets as well as implement a lung disease educational conference in the greater Los Angeles area.
- Work with the project director to develop, implement and evaluate a public health education program that will focus on lung health awareness and signature ALA programs.
- Facilitate a lung disease education conference in greater Los Angeles area to serve health professionals and lung disease patients.
- Build, maintain and cultivate relationships with funders, facilitators, and community partners to encourage program delivery, sustainability, and growth across the greater Los Angeles area, including signature ALA programs.
- Coordinate all aspects of grant projects activities, including trainings, presentations, education health fairs, etc. and serve as lead for these activities.
- Develop and effectively utilize timelines and work plans to ensure completion of program deliverables.
- Explore opportunities to connect and enhance collaborations throughout the Lung Association
- Contribute to quarterly progress reports and monthly reporting of grant activities
- Research and implement best practices for ALA programs within priority populations.
- Collaborate with project director in growing American Lung Association programs within assigned territory.
- Provide outreach, programmatic, fund development support for Los Angeles office events, such as lung cancer workshop, LUNG FORCE Walk, Conference, and other related activities.
- Actively participate in coalitions identified in the Los Angeles Program of Work.
- Assist with research on lung health policy and education issues.
- Provide support for annual report, awards, grants and other activities assigned.
- Participate in and support all community related programs.
- Bachelor’s Degree in public health or related field or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Minimum 1 year of experience developing and implementing community awareness, education, and programs specifically related to areas of public health.
- Prior experience in public health, community relations, public policy, and/or advocacy.
- Must be a self-starter with excellent communication skills both written and oral.
- Positive attitude with the ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Required to travel for meetings and conferences as required by the grant.
- Ability to lift approximately 25 lbs. when assisting with local events.
- Able to work with minimum direct supervision, make decisions, and take initiative.
- Proven ability to cultivate and steward relationships across a diverse population.
- Flexibility to work irregular hours, including evenings and weekends with some overnights required. Must have a valid Driver’s license.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Consistent with its mission, the American Lung Association maintains a smoke-free work place; all employees must abstain from tobacco use in any form.
To apply send cover letter and resume and salary requirements to (include job title and job number in subject of email):
Human Resources Department
American Lung Association
Email: [email protected]
Application Deadline: May 25, 2018
The American Lung Association is dedicated to a diverse workforce.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V